The following New Feminism Mission Statement for the recently created New Feminism Facebook Community was released today. I participated in the drafting of this statement which brings together a wide variety of faces and approaches to the work of New Feminism. You can join this community at Facebook by searching “New Feminism” and clicking on “New Feminism, Cause.”
We, the women of the New Feminism Movement, come together on this site/page to unite our cause upon the following principles.
1. We come together to liberate woman, in her naturally designed femininity, not only from masculinization, but also from denigration as sexual object, commercial commodity or disfavored gender.
2. We believe that women have a unique voice and role in protecting the dignity of the human person and creating a culture that values the life of every person, regardless of race, age, gender, physical ability, faith or any other category invoked to dominate or marginalize.
3. We reject the imitation of masculine models of success and domination and acknowledge and affirm the true genius of women in every aspect of society.
4. We embrace a wide variety of projects that seek to achieve true equality and incorporation of the feminine throughout society.
5. We seek to introduce a new paradigm of feminism, whereby woman and the female virtues (i.e. Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Emotive Capacity, Subjectivity, Communication, Intuition, & Personalization) are valued as fundamental to the health and sustainability of the human family.
We acknowledge there are many faces, many approaches within this movement including philosophical, secular, religious, moral, economic, medical, business, familial, and other perspectives whereby a woman expresses and becomes most fully herself. In this forum, we all come together to share and be united in the cause of New Feminism.